Connecting knowledge, experiences and resources in order to help people build a better life for themselves is the driving theme for Sharon's career and her personal mission. Sharon does this by providing opportunities and means for you to examine your beliefs and to awaken your imagination. Scroll down for her formal credentials.
Sharon learned her Life Purpose when she was in her twenties and it has been the yardstick by which she measures her decisions. And they have led her on a wonderful journey through a very adventurous life!
She's worked on 5 continents, traveled to 31 countries and 2 territories. Normally she stays with local residents so that she can see life through their eyes.
Sharon is a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. She also volunteered and lived with the Aboriginies of Australia. She's lived with indigenous people, worked on a farm, and lived in a cave once, for a few days. Most of her travel homestays are through the Hospitality Club and SERVAS, an international travel and peace organization that believes through one-on-one interactions we can break down stereotypes and build friendships.
After Peace Corps, Sharon had number of tragedies in her personal life which resulted in weight gain and depression. Doctors reported that she had a tumor (and the only test for malignancy was to inject radioactive pharmaceuticals into her bloodstream. She declined. She is now tumor-free.) Research of the tumor revealed arthritis so debilitating that they thought her spine would fuse together into one piece. Through the living foods lifestyle pioneered by Ann Wigmore and carried forward by Brian Clement, David Wolfe and many others, she found relief. She released over 50 pounds and let go of useless habits and beliefs which no longer served her. She's completed several progressive fasts and continues to learn more about this way of life. She now has a regular yoga practice and even teaches! Check out her "before" and "after" pictures:
Her current volunteer energy is towards the:
- Raw Food Events group which gathers for potlucks, laughter and sometimes educational events.
Past volunteer work includes:
- Raw Spirit Festival Sharon provided coaching services for the World's largest gathering of raw foodies (~2500 people).
- PlayPumps International which provides easy access to clean drinking water, joy for children, health education, and economic development in Africa
- ThinkQuest New York City, a contest for all school-aged children to build an interactive website on any topic of interest to them. The breadth of topics is mindboggling. The annual experience is always an eye-opener, for me, about what young people - even elementary school children - are concerned about.
- Great Strides, a therapeutic healing center that offers healing and growth in partnership with horses. I offered energy work to some of the horses there (although my official title is Horse Hugger); and, of course,
- Peace Corps, which, by the way, has no upper age limit... so if you always thought you wanted to do it... you can!
- Board Certified as a Holistic Health Practitioner by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certified in Ann Wigmore Living Foods Lifestyle® Program
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Healing Touch Certified Practitioner
- Certified Raw Chef
- Completion of Fundamentals of Barbara Brennan Healing
- Completed Tree of Life (Gabriel Cousens) Zero Point training, 2008
- Designing and delivering training programs since 1995
- Trained Success Coach; Certified in Personal Productivity Program, 1993
- M. Ed in Instruction and Curriculum (on scholarship from George Mason University)
- BA in Art from the Pennsylvania State University
Member in good standing: American Association of Drugless Practitioners, Energy Therapy Network